Tuesday, December 16, 2014

92/365 - 3 months

Little Liam turned 3 months! I'm not sure what's more alarming; that he's doubled his weight or that I've been a full time mum for 3 months now - both scary but also satisfying at the same time if that makes any sense. It's a funny thing being a mum and each day I'm still learning and hoping that I'm doing the best, though to be honest I'm not sure if the mummy-in-training plates ever come off!

To mark his 3 months, we went to the Solids Session at the Health Clinic where we learnt about how to introduce solids to the little bubs. Half of my mothers group was there also and it was amazing to see how far we'd come; every baby had grown so big! I think most of us had just gotten the hang of feeding our bubs milk (whether it be breastmilk or formula) and well, introducing solids is the next step and ah, things are to change again! One thing I've learnt about motherhood is that things are constantly changing!

They recommend that you don't start your bub on solids till about 6 months though many will start to try from 4 months. There's studies to support the starting of solids as early as 4 months and others where you delay till 6 months. I'm thinking I'll probably start bub on solids at 4 and just see how he goes. If he doesn't like it, we have time to work up to it. At the end of the day, it's really what bub wants, bub gets.

I've already been looking forward to the starting of solids. Bibs, storage pots, portable tubs and baby spoons are all at the ready. Bub is getting there I think, he's holding his head up now and his baby tongue protrusion has gone which they say is a sign for baby readiness. It would definitely be a lot easier for solids once bub can sit up and we can put him in a highchair to feed him so let's see how we go in the next month.

Exciting times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment